Rumour has it that the next Nexus tablet will be from HTC. The tablet which shares the name Nexus 9 and Volantis is said to be packed with hardware goodies, just like previous Nexus based tablets.
According to Android Police, the information they obtained is more or less confirmed, and that they would not be treating the ‘leak’ as a rumor since such info was also heavily revealed in the first quarter of 2014.
That said, the popular tech site the listed the following as the specifications for the Nexus 9:
- 8.9″ Display at 2048×1440 (281ppi)
- NVIDIA Logan 64-bit processor (Tegra K1)
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal storage
- 8MP OIS main camera, 3MP front facing camera
- Aluminum zero-gap construction
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- 8.91″x5.98″x0.31″ body (that’s 22.63×15.19×0.79cm)
- 418g (or 427g with LTE) (that’s 14.74/15.1 ounces)
Android Police further claims that the Nexus 9 would be released in this year, while speculating that the tablet would start at USD399 for the 16GB version, with the 32GB version costing USD499. LTE connectivity for either the tablet would cost extra (somewhere around USD600).
Source: Android Police