The Amazfit BIP isn’t exactly popular considering it isn’t well promoted compared to rival brands from Samsung or Xiaomi.
One could easily think that this is yet another unknown brand in the vast smartwatch market, but Amazfit is actually linked to Chinese brand Xiaomi.
That said, the BIP is actually one of the medium range smartwatches that Amazfit produces with tonnes of functions.
ADVANTAGES OF THE AMAZFIT BIP
Of course Amazfit would promote their BIP as having tonnes of advantages and features. However, in my opinion after using the BIP, these are the key functions and advantages that are worth mentioning.
The main reason I bought the Amazfit BIP was due to it’s battery lenght. It can stand up to 30 days with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal notifications. This is way above other smartwatches which only last for a couple of weeks.
Amazfit BIP Price
The Amazfit BIP is noticable on the write due to its mid-size. However, in terms of weight, it’s hardly noticeable because it weighs just 1.1 ounces (31 grams) in total weight.
This might not be exclusive to the BIP, but for the price, you can track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
Yes, the Amazfit BIP doesn’t really look as nice as the Samsung Smartwatch, but you can style how the watch looks physically by changing the strap and case of the watch. The accessories aren’t also expensive.
Being able to use the Mi Fit App is a great plus for me. The Mi Fit app is probably one of the most complete fitness apps out there, so it just makes sense that you should use it. I particularly love how accurate the sleep monitor is.
The rest of the key functions include:
- Notifications: Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, and other apps on the color touch display.
- Latest technology: GPS, 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer and compass.
- Always-on display: the reflective color touch screen is always on and provides at-a-glance view for time, date, steps, weather, sports stats etc.
- IP68: The watch is IP68 rated which means its scratch, dust and splash proof.
- 128 inch display: Always-on reflective 1.28 inch color touch display
- 2.5D Corning gorilla: The watch uses the 2.5D Corning gorilla glass generation 3 + AF coating
- Heart rate sensor: There’s an optical heart rate sensor for heart rate zones
- Compass: Also included is a Geomagnetic sensor making it able to be a compass
- Air Pressure: There’s also an air pressure sensor (barometer) for elevation
- Route tracking: Amazfit BIP has a GPS + GLONASS for route tracking
PROBLEMS WITH THE AMAZFIT BIP
Nothing is perfect and so is the Amazfit BIP. One of the disadvantages of the BIP is that it doesn’t have many time faces. This means you are limited to just a few time faces, and I do not see these time faces update. Due to the lack of options, the watch can appear dull.
Aside from that, the digital display looks rather dull despite making it really bright. It’s not that the time faces are dull, but rather the display and color used isn’t like what premium watches use. It looks rather ‘grayish’, you know, like those old school monochrome displays?
Another thing I didn’t like is how you need to wear the watch tight. I like my watch loose so that I can wipe my wrist dry after a bath. Now I have to take it off because I wear the BIP fitted on my wrist. The strap is rather short and the only way to solve this is to buy a new strap.
CHEAP AMAZFIT BIP
Of course if you are looking to buy the Amazfit BIP, you’d want it at the cheapest rates. For this I’ve listed where you can get the fitness watch at its cheapest.
For international readers, the BIP is lowest at GearBest at just USD63.
Malaysian get to buy the watch for RM238 at Lazada Malaysia with tonnes of freebies.
I really can’t complain about the AmazFit BIP considering the functions it has and the price it is offered. Of course it’s no Samsung Smartwatch but that cost RM1,099 and this just cost RM238.
I would recommend the BIP to anyone but I am also buying a magnetic strap to improve comfort when I wear the watch.