The race for Malaysia’s first ever Gold medal is still on-going as seven more Malaysia athletes are set to compete for the most wanted medal in sports.
Three of the seven athletes are Sarawakians, namely Pandelela Rinong, Traisy Vivien Tukiet and Bryan Nickson Lomas, in which both are experts in their events after coming in with medals in world championships recently.
This gives Sarawak a genuine hope to have a Sarawakian win Malaysia’s very first gold medal in the London Olympics.
Apart from the duo, the rest of the Malaysian atheletes are:
- Tuesday, 7 August: Yeoh Ken Nee and Huang Qiang were – men’s 3m springboard,
- Touesday 7 August: Mohd Azizulhasni Awang – Men’s keirin,
- Wednesday, 9 August: Pandelela Rinong anak Pamg and Traisy Vivien Tukiet – Women’s 10m platform,
- Thursday, 10 August: Heidi Gan – Women’s open 10km swimming event,
- Friday, 11 August: Bryan Nickson Lomas Men’s 10m platform diving event.
Malaysians of all race is expected to back these athletes as they try to excel in their particular events.